DigitalTQ Logo DigitalTQ

DigitalTQ Version 2.0 Launched!

User Icon

If you've visited DTQ before, you might notice that things look slightly different around here today...

And that's because we've launched our brand new website! We are calling it 2.0, since it's a huge change and contains several improvements that really make the site more modern for users to use!

We started work on 2.0 early this year and are very happy to finally get it out of the door. Our focus with this update was to make our current content more easily consumable, so we've implemented lots of modern web practises that help make the site more user-friendly across all devices.

With the revamp we also decided to try and optimise the site more- it was starting to get sluggish now that more users are using it and wasn't scaling very well. So we've implemented some features to help with that.

Since this is a major update, we expect there to be plenty of bugs across the site. We will be fixing them all week and are monitoring our communication channels constantly, so feel free to shout out any issues and we'll get them fixed!

Here is a quick rundown of the 2.0 improvements:

• Brand new layout
  • New Mobile navigation
  • Infinite Scrolling on categories (no more pagination- YUCK!)
  • Lazy-loading images on some areas of the site.
  • Cache pages
  • Improved data querying for large datasets.
  • New profiles
  • Mobile-friendly layouts and improvements
  • Pokemon TCG and Lorcana TCG trackers updated with a host of improvements.

There are a whole host of other changes we probably can't remember to write here- but let's just say that a lot of work went into this update so we are very happy to finally get it out.

Next up, we are going to start doing a monthly digest post that will share all of DTQ updates. A lot of the time we make small improvements here and there and so we're going to summarize all of those in an end-of month post on the forums.

We'll be converting some of our other content to the new modern systems too and working on other areas of the site. The gold shop is coming back with a bang, with real-life items you can buy! We will be resetting everyone's gold balance on 15th March 2024 to make way for the new system.

Thanks again for all the support from everyone who has given advice and suggestions to help improve the site too!

User Icon

Amazing job by all! Aleph has 1337 coding skills hehe

User Icon

Not nearly 1337 enough tho :o

User Icon

I'm liking the idea about the gold shop! Will we still earn gold via the forums?

User Icon

You can still earn gold right now but it's all going to be reset on Friday. (since before we gave everyone 5k gold starting out, which will actually be quite a lot in the new system lol!)

User Icon

I shall hold off my spamming until then then !

User Icon

Where can we see how much gold we have ?

User Icon

It should be visible in the settings page.

But also when we reopen the gold shop it'll be there too.

User Icon
Thank you for updating the font on the card number on tracker. Can you also bring back the $ for each set of what I have attained. Not all are showing or nice visibility. Also, can you add an excel download for each set. Thank you so much and the upgrade is really nice
User Icon

Epic! The TCG Tracker is sooooo much better now

User Icon
i love y'all but please bring back the highlight missing in TCG
User Icon

It's definitely coming back. Just doing some more testing of it and we'll push it either tomorrow or friday :D

User Icon
There's only one thing that I'm disappointed about on the change.. I always came on here to obviously check if the new cards that were pulled. But I've also always kept track of the worth of the sets I had mastered, which doesn't seem to be on here anymore. At the moment I'm trying to sell my master sets and have no idea what the prices of what the sets are worth now. I don't have the time or patience to go through and calculate them one card at a time.
User Icon

Hi Joey!

Which sets are you referring to? They should have the total price and your set's price in the header of the page. It might be that some of the older sets are missing this and I just need to update them.

User Icon
Deleted

(modified on 13th March 2024)

User Icon
Deleted

(modified on 13th March 2024)

User Icon
Site looks great and modern!