New Pokemon Snap is a Nintendo Switch game that allows players to dive deep in the Lental Region to capture images of Pokemon. Based on the incredibly popular Pokemon Snap for the Nintendo 64, this re-imagined version comes with over 200 Pokemon you can take pictures of, including Legendary Pokemon. Players are introduced to Professor Mirror who is keen to do a survey of the entire Lental Region; you'll explore jungles, beaches and even the depths of volcanoes!
New Pokemon Snap Overview
New Pokemon Snap was released on April 30th 2021 for the Nintendo Switch. The game is developed by Bandai Namco Studios and published by the Pokemon Company International.
A quick look at the game's content:
- Pokemon: 234
- Research Courses: 31
- Region: Lental Region
On August 3rd, 2021, a free update was added to the game to add three new courses and 20 new Pokemon.
New Pokemon Snap is a single player game in which you take refuge in the NEO-ONE and take photos of Pokemon in their natural habitats. There are several different research courses for you to meander your way through and each time they offer new opportunities for you to capture snaps of Pokemon. Not only that, but you'll work with Professor Mirror to unlock the mysteries surrounding the Illumina Phenomenon that is currently happening all over the Lental Region.
Players can upload their snaps online for other New Pokemon Snap players to rate and like. You can use the Lab area to modify photos, including making sure you've got that perfect shot.
New Pokemon Snap Walkthrough
If you'd like a step-by-step guide on how to play through New Pokemon Snap, you can follow the walkthrough we have provided below. If you're after specific information on a specific course, use the Guides section below.
This guide is currently a work-in-progress and will be updated frequently.
- New Pokemon Snap - Welcome To Florio Nature Park - Part 1
- New Pokemon Snap - Founja Jungle - Part 2
- New Pokemon Snap - Second Illiumina Pokemon - Part 3
- New Pokemon Snap - Wishwashi - Part 4
- New Pokemon Snap - The Finale - Part 5
New Pokemon Snap Guides
- Research Titles
- LenTalk Requests
- Pokemon Photodex
- Legendary Pokemon
- Eevee Evolutions
- All Vivillon Patterns
- All Ancient Ruins Locations
- All Completed Maps
Legendary Pokemon Guides
- New Pokemon Snap - How To Find Mew (All Stars)
- New Pokemon Snap - How To Find Lugia (All Stars)
- New Pokemon Snap - How To Find Jirachi (All Stars)
- New Pokemon Snap - How To Find Suicune (All Stars)
- New Pokemon Snap - How To Find Diancie (All Stars)
- New Pokemon Snap - How To Find Ho-Oh (All Stars)
- New Pokemon Snap - How To Find Celebi (All Stars)
- New Pokemon Snap - How To Find Manaphy (All Stars)
- New Pokemon Snap - How To Find Shaymin (All Stars)
- New Pokemon Snap - How To Find Xerneas (All Stars)
New Pokemon Snap Research Areas & Course List
- Florio Nature Park - Pokemon List
- Founja Jungle - Pokemon List
- Sweltering Sands - Pokemon List
- Blushing Beach - Pokemon List
- Maricopia Reef - Pokemon List
- Lental Seafloor - Pokemon List
- Fireflow Volcano - Pokemon List
- Elsewhere Forest - Pokemon List
- Research Camp - Pokemon List
- Shiver Snowfields - Pokemon List
- Outaway Caves - Pokemon List
- Ruins Of Remembrance - Pokemon List
New Pokemon Snap Updates
Version 2.0 - August 3rd, 2021
This new and FREE update brings brand new Pokemon to New Pokemon Snap, including 6 new courses for players to explore! There are also several quality of life changes made to the game to help players easily navigate the different areas in the Lental Region.
The three new courses are:
There are 20 new Pokemon added to the game, including:
Other quality of life changes that have been added:
- Can now change the Research Level directly from the restart menu and end-course after evaluating with Professor Mirror
- Can now exit directly to main menu without having to Evaluate your Pokemon
- Severnal new Lentalk Requests have been added.
You can see the full patch notes here.