If you're looking to complete all the maps in New Pokemon Snap then you've come to the right place. We've highlighted some of the toughest Pokemon to find in all the courses and provide you with the map images to help you find where each Pokemon should be.
Check out other New Pokemon Snap guides for more help on completing the game.
Florio Nature Park - Day
After the last update, there are new Pokemon you can find by doing Secret Side Path course (as it leads back out to Florio Nature Park). Above is the new updated map.
Florio Nature Park - Night
- To get Pichu, Grookey and Sylveon to appear at the end of the course, you need to throw an Illumina Orb at Scorbunny who is entertaining them at the beginning of the course. Next you'll see all three sleeping next to a Torterra; use Scan and throw Illumina Orbs to wake them all up. They will now appear sleeping on your left next to the Crystalbloom at the end.
- Complete LenTalk Request Flopping by the Water to snap the Pidgeot flying down to catch the Magikarp.
Illumina Spot - Florio
- You can find Pikachu on your right at the end of the course by throwing Fluffruit onto the Cliffedges where there are flower/bushes.
- You can also get Emolga to come out too by doing the same thing just before the Ancient Ruins on your right.
- Slyveon is asleep on your immediate right at the beginning of the course.
- You can find Trubbish hiding under Professor Mirror's desk inside the lab.
Founja Jungle - Day
- To get Venasaur to appear at the end of the course, you need to complete the Lentalk Request Staredown Venusaur.
- Once you get Venasaur at the end of the course, you can get Venasaur to jump into the lake by throwing an Illumina Orb at the Crystalbloom. This will cause the Sobble to water jet Venasaur. Once he jumps into the lake, you'll be able to snap the Magikarp.
- Mew will appear in the Day as soon as you've gotten the 4 star in Founja Jungle Night. See the How To Find Mew Guide. Once he appears in day time, you can get him to appear in the middle of the lake at the end of the course by throwing Illumina Orbs at him as he appears in the three locations throughout the course. Then head behind the waterfall route for Mew to come.
Founja Jungle - Night
- You can get Pikipek and Toucannon at the end of the course by throwing three Illumina Orbs at the Crystalbloom in the trees in the middle of the course. This will cause all the Toucannon and Pikipek to fly out.
- Arbok can be found underneath the fallen tree branch in the middle of the course at Research Level 1.
- To get Slaking to appear at the end of the course, throw Fluffruit at the Morelull just as you go past the alternative route to the Swamp on your right. This will cause Slaking to come out of the bush and eat the Fluffruit. He will now reappear at the end of the course.
- To get Ledian to appear at the end of the course, you need to throw an Illumina Orb and play music at all three sleeping Ledian that are attached to trees in the Jungle. You can find one at the beginning of the course (use scan as they appear with a ? usually). You'll find two more as you go past the Swamp and just before the fallen tree trunk.
- You can find Kecleon in Autumn Season in the leaf pile on your right.
- You can get Shiftry to appear in the Sunny Area by completing LenTalk Request Gust with Gusto!
- To get Applin to show up at the end of the course in Sunny Area, you need to take the route to Autumn Season.
- You can find Espeon in the last area by reuniting Deerling with Sawsbuck in the third area. Espeon will be a sleep to your immediate left.
Illumina Spot - Belusylva
Blushing Beach (Day)
- To get Machamp at the end of the course, throw a Fluffruit at him when he is standing on the rocks to your right as you go through the course. He will jump into the water and then be chilling next to Blastoise.
Blushing Beach Night
- At the beginning of the course, you'll pass through a small cave where a Vivillion is perched. If you keep focused on the hole, a Magikarp will jump up.
- Two Pikachu appear at the beginning of the course. They will end up fighting a Crabrawler; throw a Fluffruit at the Crabrawler and the Pikachu will appear at the end of the course.
Maricopia Reef Day
- Throw an Illumina Orb at the Crystalbloom on your right at the beginning of the course. This will cause Mantine with a Pikachu riding it to come out on your left.
- On your left as you go past the Wailord, there is a nest on a rock. Throw an Illumina Orb to get Wingull to come out.
Maricopia Reef Evening
- If you throw a Fluffruit at the Squirtle blowing bubbles, a Wingull will knock it into the Whirlpool. Later on, at the end of the course you'll see it swimming near the Lapras far away.
- When you come to the big blue hole (that is alerted to you by scanning), play Music and Vaporeon will jump out. When you're at the end of the stage, play music again and Vaporeon will jump onto a rock on your left.
- In order to get Squirtle to show up at the end next to the blastoise, you have to let the Blastoise rescue it from falling in the Whirlpool. Make sure to let the Squirtle sink into the whirlpool hole.
- To get Vaporeon in the middle at the end of the course, summon it out of the blue hole by playing music. Then take the alternative route to the Lapras; on your right is a Crystalbloom. Illuminate it and then play music and Vaporeon will jump out of the water on your left.
Lental Seafloor Illumina Spot
- In order to take pictures of Luvdisc and Finneon at the end of the level, you need to be eaten by the Wishiwashi. To do this, when the Wishiwashi group together towards the end of the level, play music and hit them with Illumina Orbs. If done right, the Wishiwashi will swim upwards and return in the giant from which eats you. As you're inside Wishiwashi, look out of it's mouth to see Luvdisc and Finneon.
Sweltering Sands - Day
- Minior can be found in the sand by using the scan function. You'll find two near the beginning; spam scan and look to your left.
- Throw Fluffruit into the last crater at the end of the course for another Trappinch to come out.
- When you awoken the Minior at the beginning of the course, scan the Cacnea on the sand hill to your left and they will chase Minior at the end of the course.
- There is another Vivillon that comes down from the sand hill on your right at the end of the course. First you must get Silicobra out of his hole and then throw Illumina Orbs at the Crystalbloom.
Sweltering Sands - Night
- There is a Sandshrew hiding in one of the craters at the end of the course.
- Silicobra is buried in the sand in various spots, throw Fluffruit to get it come out.
- Ho-Oh will spawn in one of three different locations each time. Just restart the level to get all the shots.
- Lure Shinx to Luxray in the beginning of the course by throwing Fluffruit. Later on, as you come to the lava bed, you'll see a Tyrantrum chasing Archeops. Throw a Fluffruit at Tyrantrum and Shinx and Luxray will come out to help you.
- To get Archeops at the end of the alternative route, you need to summon Ho-Oh into the volcano room. This will cause three Archeops to fly overahead of Ho-Oh as it lands. See the How To Find Ho-Oh guide.
Illumina Spot - Voluca
- This is one of the trickiest areas in the game. There are two Pokemon in the beginning area: Talonflame and Archeops that will spawn randomly after doing some painstaking tasks.
- Step 1: Throw Fluffruit at the left Volcorona right at the beginning. This will initiate the alternative route in this cave.
- Step 2: Wait until the second Volcorona comes out of a cave; you need to knock it's shield off and illuminate it with an Illumina Orb.
- Step 3: It will then fly off and the first Volcorona will come out and play with Inferno.
- Step 4: You will enter the tunnel heading into the second area; before you reach the end however another Volcorona will fly at you. You need to knock off it's shield and Illuminate it before you reach the end of the tunnel otherwise you will miss the opportunity.
- Step 5: Once you have Illuminated Volcorona, keep throwing Illumina Orbs at him so he stays at the back of the tunnel. A Talonflame will fly by this Volcorona and dance around it.
- Step 6: If you want Acheops next to Volcorona instead, you need to repeat the same process but at the beginning knock the first Volcorna's shield and Illuminate it instead.
Shiver Snowfields - Day
- Skarmory will fly out at the end of the default route where the course ends. You need to make Skarmory fly out of the cave in the area just before first.
- Snorunt can be found in the Ice Cave at level 2.
- To find Sandslash in the Ice Cave, you need to feed the Sandslash on your right in the first alternative route. Use scan to make him come out of the ground, throw an Illumina Orb to make him stay above ground and then feed him with a Fluffruit. He will then dive into the ground and appear on the right of the Ice Cave near the Crystalbloom.
Shiver Snowfields - Night
- You can find Froslass at the beginning of the course on your right sleeping on the snowy hill.
- You can get Froslass at the end of the course by taking the alternative route and cause Crabdominable to hit snow on Abomasnow by throwing an Illumina Orb at him as he hits the tree. This will cause Frolass to come out (do not hit an Illumina Orb at her) and she will head into the cave. Froslass will then interact with several Snom; throw Fluffruit at them and then as you reach the end area you will find Froslass asleep to your left.
- You can find Jynx and a Crystalbloom down in the depths of the cliff when you go around it in the middle area.
- Glaceon is found asleep on top of the snowy mountain in the first alternative route. Throw an Illumina Orb at her and she will then appear at the end area.
- You can find Weaville asleep in the last tree on your right at the beginning of the course.
- You can find Snom and Piplup in a tree with a Frosmoth on it by playing music as you go by it.
- You can get Delibird to come out in the first alternative route by throwing Fluffruit at the sleeping Crabominable on your left and then an Illumina Orb at him. He will knock Snom out of the tree; throw Illumina Orbs at them and one of them will hang around whilst Delibird comes out.
- To get Mightyena to spawn at the end of the alternative route course, when you go to the first alternative route through the snow, look to your right at the top of the mountain is a Mightyena looking at you. Take a picture and now Mightyena will appear at the end of the course just behind Aurorus.
- You can find Magikarp at the end of the cave by taking the second alternative route. To do this, as you go down the cave corridor following the Hydreigon; there will be a sleeping Crobat on your left. Throw an Illumina Orb at it. Next look up and you'll see a Gengar portal. Play music and it will scare the other Crobat. You can now use the alternative route up ahead. You'll then be given a prompt that there is something in the water; throw Fluffruit over the edge of the cliff so that Magikarp comes out.
- You can get Noibat in the big cave just before the alternative route by throwing Illumina Orbs in the river on the left (the same area where Hydreigon flys through).
- You can also get Noibat on your right by throwing Fluffruit in some of the small caves.
Illumina Spot - Durice
- To get Crobat to spawn at the beginning, throw an Illumina Orb at the rightmost Noibat. Then throw a Fluffruit into one of the holes on your right. This will spawn Steelix and Noibat will fly over and use supersonic. This will cause Steelix to fly out and then Crobat will follow.
Ruins Of Remembrance
- You can get Magikarp to come out of the well in the middle of the course by throwing multiple Fluffruit at it (Woobat also comes out)
- Look up in the sky at the beginning of the course to snap Golurk.
- You can find Woobat in the main area sleeping on the central statue.
Illumina Spot - Aurus
- You can get Golurk to spawn in by throwing Fluffruit at the Sigylph. First hit him in the first room you come into, then hit him again in the second room.
Mightywide River - Day
Mightywide River - Night
Barren Badlands - Day
Barren Badlands - Night
Secret Side Path - Day
Secret Side Path - Night
Hardest Pokemon To Find and Snap?
Let us know in the comments which Pokemon you found hard to get a picture of! Share your tips and tricks in the comments and we'll update the article.