Shadow Kyogre is the latest Legendary Shadow Pokemon that can be caught in Pokemon GO by defeating Giovanni in the Team Rocket Research Tasks. We've got you covered on what the best type of Pokemon to use in the final battle and how you can catch the Shadow Kygore!
- Giovanni's Team for Shadow Kyogre Battle
- Giovanni Battle Guide
- Timeless Travels Special Research Rewards
If you've been following the Timeless Travels Special Research Quest, you'll now be able to fight Giovanni and catch the super powerful Shadow Kyogre. This Legendary Pokemon is the best-water type attacking Pokemon in Pokemon GO currently, so it's well worth completing the research to unlock him.
Remember that Shadow Pokemon gain an extra +20% damage in battle, so they're well worth collecting for Raids!
As always with Team Rocket GO Research tasks, you have to first defeat Giovanni's Team by locating him using a Super Rocket Radar (you'll get this rewarded to you by completing the Timeless Travels research tasks).
Giovanni's Team for Shadow Kyogre Battle
Let's waste no time and take a look at the team that Giovanni will use against you for the Shadow Kyogre battle. We've also provided the types these Pokemon are weak to and some of the best counters to use against them.
Giovanni Battle Guide
This fight can be quite difficult if you don't have that many strong Pokemon. The Pokemon's levels will sync with your trainer level, so they will always be a match for your team, so you need to take advantage of type weaknesses.
That being said, there are a few other tricks:
- Giovanni has two shields. You want to have a Pokemon in your squad that can easily use up his shields with some charged moves that are quickly activated. For example, using Guzzlord with Dragon Claw will allow you to wipe out both his shields in super quick time.
- Take advantage of the time delay with swapping Pokemon in and out of battle. There is a small delay to your opponent when you make a switch with your Pokemon, allowing you to get in a few extra hits. You can swap a Pokemon every 30 seconds (check this).
- Shadow Kyogre has slow attacks but can easily take out your Pokemon with 2-3 hits. You want to try go into the battle with a Pokemon's charged-move ready to use, so using Garchomp or Persian to boost your attacks and then switching out is a good strategy.
- You can challenge Giovanni as many times as you like once you locate him. You'll just have to make sure you have plenty of Revives and Potions to continue battling.
Timeless Travels Special Research Rewards
Defeating Giovanni's Shadow Kyogre will give you the opportunity to capture it!
Of course, a 3-star Shadow Kyogre is what most Pokemon GO trainers will hope for, but it's not guaranteed! If you have any Super Rocket Radar's saved up from previous Team Rocket Go researches, you can fight Shadow Kyogre multiple times.
Upon finishing the last part of the Timeless Travels Special Research, you'll get the following rewards (in total):
- 53,000 XP
- 26,500 Stardust
- Encounter with Pikachu, Eevee, Rockruff, Scraggy, Gible
- 40 Pokeballs
- 35 Great Balls
- 25 Ultra Balls
- 1 Poffin
- 8 Charged TMs
- 6 Fast TMs
- 10 Razz Berries
- 20 Pinap Berries
- 3 Silver Pinap Berries
- 5 Golden Razz Berries
- 1 Incubator
- 1 Lucky Egg
- 10 Revives
- 6 Max Revives
- 10 Hyper Potions
- 10 Max Potions
- 1 Sinnoh Stone
- 3 Mysterious Components
- 1 Rocket Radar
- 1 Super Rocket Radar
How did you find this season's Timeless Travels Special Research tasks? Easy? Fun? Did you manage to capture a 3-star Shadow Kyogre? Let us know in the comments!